Catching Up, Planning Forward
Catch Up, Planning Forward
I'm taking a snapshot now - work, volunteer, professional and personal facets of my life.
I am always working, happy to be in my field - which is somewhere between nomadic developer and enterprise architect. I've been more on the architect side recently, with a focus on cloud platforms and interoperability (always the ilities). And of course everything converges with security, identity and safe architecture.
TODO: Safe architecture is something to think about for a blog post or series.
Last week, I wrapped up work at a client where I was both architect and engineer. I spent some time and worked with cool stuff in the Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Learned a few products and published several architectural decision records (ADRs). I also was the lead engineer for a good security project to solve root registration by creating an out of band account management feature.
On the SJSL side (as Information Officer), I have many projects running concurrently. I want credit card payments, an integrated referee platform and soon a new website. I am working with the various people and organizations to get buy in and ideas.
I lined up a few training series - Software Architecture Fundamentals on O'Reilly, GCP, Security Best Practices on Google Cloud. I spend at least an hour in training on something each day, if not more.
I started a personal project to reverse translate the Russian translation of The Silmarillion, Сильмариллион for fun. Checking out Brandon Sanderson's class and reading Stephen King's "On Writing" for a writing project.
My Present State
- Working on a Swift project
- Some architectural deep diving on microservices, Kafka and Elastic.
- AWS Partner: Well-Architected Best Practices (Technical).
- Some work looking at Microsoft Teams App development at the Microsoft Teams Developer Portal.
- Security training
- Projects? Writing? Coding?
The Path Forward
Of all the things I want to do, what can I complete?
- Beginning Firebase for iOS
- Google Cloud Platform
- Event-Driven Microservices: Spring Boot, Kafka and Elastic
- AWS Partner: Well-Architected Best Practices (Technical)
- Microsoft Teams Developer Portal
- Security Best Practices in Google Cloud
Henry David Thoreau Quotes. (n.d.). BrainyQuote.com. Retrieved September 29, 2022, from BrainyQuote.com Web site: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/henry_david_thoreau_382352